Custodian Accounts for Kids
When you’re ready to start saving for your child’s future, PortAlliance can help.We offer Custodian Accounts which are Virginia Uniform Transfer to Minor Act Accounts (VUTMA) held for the benefit of a minor. Custodian Accounts require an adult to sign as “custodian” on the account. The minor is not able to make transactions on this account. Custodian Accounts have a minimum balance of $5, and earn dividends.
M3 Money Club for Kids
There's no need to worry because your Credit Union is here to help. With our M3 Money Club for Kids, your child can learn about money in a fun and engaging manner. All content was developed with one goal in mind: provide kids with the tools they need to learn the basics of saving and spending money.
Our M3 Money Club combines a kids’ savings account with fun and educational tools. With M3, parents have a new and fun way to bring financial education into the home. M3 introduces young members to an exciting world where superheroes rule and learning about money is cool.
M3 Members receive:
- An M3 membership card. Your child will feel proud carrying his or her very own M3 membership card.
- The M3 newsletter. Your child will receive a quarterly newsletter filled with games, activities and humor — all focused on teaching valuable lessons about money.
- Access to the M3 website. M3 members receive an “all access pass” to the M3 website, designed to foster creativity and enhance learning through an interactive experience. The M3 website features a kid’s podcast and stories.
- Prizes, games and contests. To help encourage participation, we offer special prizes and gifts. We also have an incentive program to give M3 members even more reasons to save their money!
And, they’ll have their very own savings account so they can “earn while they learn.™”
As an M3 parent, you’ll receive:
- Family Money. A money and lifestyle newsletter just for parents.
- Access to the M3 parents’ website. Join the M3 parent community online.
- Special offers. Be on the lookout for specials on family products and services.
- Quarterly statement of your child’s account. You and your child can track his or her savings.
M3 membership is a great gift idea for birthdays, holidays, and all special occasions. Opening an account is easy, and you can transfer money to your child’s account through online banking. All you need is an initial $5.00 deposit to get started, and membership is free!